Last year was such a blur. About the only thing I remember from last summer was going to Charleston with my three besties. This year, I want to enjoy it and savor my experiences and time with family and friends more.
So, I decided to put together a “bucket list” of things I want to do.
1. Have an awesome day at Water Country in NH. – I haven’t been here since grad school with my roommate. I love water parks.
2. Enjoy all the food at Mario Batali’s Eataly at the Prudential Center – This new mecca of foodie delights has shopping and dining experiences.
3. Go to the beach at least twice – That’s how many times I went last year but I’d prefer not get my chest toasted to a crisp
4. Meet our walk team’s fundraising goal in honor of Emmett for the TEARS Foundation by the end of June (You can help us here)
5. Shopping day at the Yankee Candle headquarters in western Mass
6. At least one round of golf (heck, I’ll even take 3 holes at Kimball’s pitch ‘n putt I’m so out of practice…haven’t swung in two years!)
7. Walk around Walden Pond – Had to read “Walden” back in AP English in high school. Figure I should go see what the fuss was all about.
8. Billy Joel at Fenway – I know this probably won’t happen but a girl can dream. I saw Billy Joel in 2003 in Milwaukee and it was the best concert ever. I want to have Brett have that same experience.
9. Kayaking – will need suggestions where
11. Go see a drive-in movie
12. Stroll the Hampton Beach boardwalk
13. Cookout and s’mores night at the Finnell’s
14. Check out the nitrogen ice cream at New City Microcreamery in c-mass
15. See a ton of family and friends
16. Boston Comic Con and meet Stan Lee – because who wouldn’t want to meet Stan Lee?
I think this summer is gonna be awesome. Who’s in?